Dear Prospective Parent for the 2019-2020 school year:
I am delighted that you are considering Cambria Center for the Gifted Child for your child’s education.
We offer Open House meetings as a mandatory part of our Admissions process to facilitate your needs in learning more about our institution. We know that each family has individual concerns as they attempt to determine the appropriate environment for their child. Understanding such, CCGC has numerous unique strengths that emerge from our philosophy and traditions. It is no small effort to match the needs of a family to the school that will most adequately meet those requirements.
Applications have always outnumbered our available openings but we encourage each and every family interested to submit an application, as we consider them all with equal importance. Because our registration procedure involves several steps, we have outlined them below. Our Admissions process is on a rolling basis – qualified applicants are accepted as they apply until our classes have reached their limit. As openings may close early, we urge you to attend an Open House in a timely manner.
- Open House – Please reserve in advance (if you have not done so already) by calling 718-341-1991 x231. It is not necessary to bring the applicant. Applications will be distributed.
- Complete the application and return to the school, along with the non-refundable application fee ($75 check or money order). Grade school applicants must also send a copy of their most recent report card. UPK applicants are not required to give an application fee.
- Once you submit the application, the following will be scheduled:
- Toddlers (2 year olds born in 2017) and Three Year Olds (born in 2016) will be enrolled for September, pending 4-week summer observation and assessment.
- Four Year Olds (including UPK) students will be invited to spend a half-day observation. Following, contracts will be distributed.
- Testing and observation for Grade school (Grades 1-5) applicants will begin immediately. Kindergarten applicants will be tested, beginning in February. Kindergarten – 5th grade students must spend the entire school day. After testing, contracts will be distributed with any necessary summer program recommendations.
- Remember: An application shows interest in our program. The enrollment deposit (see fee schedule) and contract are due in order to hold the space for your child.
- All Toddler – Kindergarten applicants are required to attend at least four weeks of the 6-week summer sessions. Summer sessions will run from June 24 – August 2, 2019.